Ghiant Lexan Spray Fluo Orange Nr 1006
Ready to use, quick drying, fuel resitant light weight paint for racing, If wished for up-to 15 gr less weight on a 1/10 scale race body, compard to pre-painted or water based coloured bodies (lower cenre of gravity)
RC Car Colours have been specially developed for the painting of Polycarbonate bodies. The special solvent used etches the surface, allowing the paint to bond permanently with the polycarbonate.
Before you begin … Remove any dirt particles from the surface to be painted.
- Cut out the body and sand the cut edges.
- Many bodies have a transparent protective foil on the outside. Do not remove this protective foil until the paints has dried! Mask all areas that are not to be painted, by using masking film or masking tape.
- First paint the dark and then the light colours so as to prevent the dark colours from shining through the lighter ones.
- Always check to make sure that the surfaces are dry and free of dust before painting!
For best results
- Before use, shake the can vigorously for approx. 2 min. until you hear the mixing ball rattling.
- Spray at a distance of approx. 20 to 30 cm. While spraying make even cross movements with the can.
- The covering capacity of RC Car Colours varies slightly from one colour to the next. Always spray one very light coat at a time to avoid bleeding. The final result is obtained after 2 to 3 coats. Wait approx. 5 min. before applying the next coat. Never spray just one heavy coat!
- Allow the paint to dry for 5 minutes before removing the masking film and applying the next coat.
- After use, turn the can upside down and spray for 2 sec. until the nozzle is empty.
Special instructions for fluorescent colours
- Fluorescent colours appear not to cover as well as normal colours. While spraying you must absolutely make sure to apply only very light coats.
- Always use at temperatures above 15°C.
- Spray from a distance of +/-15/20 cm.
- Allow the colour to dry for 30 min. and back the fluorescent colour with white RC Car Colour.
- Only then the desired fluorescent effect will be obtained!